Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jero, Enka Singer

Meet Jero, the first black Enka singer! Jero was awarded as the Best New Artist of the Year 2008 by the Japan Association of Japanese Artists. This quarter half Japanese young man is doing great in the enka industry. Jero's Japanese Grandmother exposed him to enka music. He's the talk in Japan and around the country. He has talent, intellect and appeal to a cross- cultured audience. I like his video of Enka mixed with hip-hop. Sit back and watch Jero's video!





English Translation (credit goes to J-pop.asia)

JERO - Snow In The Sea

Lyrics: Akimoto Yasushi
Music: Uzaki Ryudo

The snow that falls into the sea
From the frozen sky
Is swallowed among the waves
Leaving no traces

*My dear, even though I love you
Ah, if my love never reaches you
My dear, then I would rather
Just throw myself into the sea

I followed you to Izumozaki
To Japan’s sea of sadness
I lost sight of love on the wharf
The tears that fall
Do not collect
Like snow in the sea

I stretch out my palm
To a cold vision
Of casting away the world
I believe that is my destiny

My dear, even though you love me
Ah, our love won’t come true
My dear, so I would rather
You kill me, please

I’m alone in Izumozaki
Without an umbrella to wait for tomorrow
My wet hair is cold to the stem
Begrudging words
Vanish beneath the water’s surface
Like snow in the sea

(Repeat*

Lyrics
Romaji Lyrics by J-pop.asia

Lyric added by: Tsuyu

kogoeru sora kara
umi ni furu yuki ha
namima ni nomarete
atokata mo nakunaru

*nee aishitete mo
aa todokanu nara
nee isso kono watashi
mi wo nagemashou ka?

Anata otte izumosaki
Kanashimi no nihonkai
Ai wo miushinai ganpeki no ue
ochiru namida ha
tsumoru koto no nai
marude umi yuki*

tenohira nobaseba
tsumetai maboroshi
seken no furi kiri
sadame da to shinjita

nee aisarete mo
aa kanawanu naka
nee isso kono watashi
koroshite kudasai

hitori kiri no izumosaki
asu wo matsu kasa mo naku
nureta kono kami ga shin made hiete
uramu kotoba mo
minamo ni kieteku
marude umi yuki

(* repeat)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi just came here to visit yout nice blog.
have a nice day

Umma said...

Hi Clarz.. how are you today? Malamig ba jan sa inyo? We're in California.. the weather here is just fine.. Pag gabi, malamig, but daytime its sunny..

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Clarz, kumusta?

have an award for you...

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...