Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nostalgia--Simple Wedding Reception In Japan

After our Church Wedding in the Philippines, we celebrated a simple wedding reception ( hiroen ) here in Japan to formally introduce me as the wife of Mr. Sasaki ( blushing ). It was a less-formal reception and the venue has a nice atmosphere. Attending wedding receptions here in Japan are expected to give cash, wrapped in a beautiful money envelope called Shugi-Bukuro. Family members and relatives were invited and they were introduced to me one by one and extended their well wishes and accepted me as Mrs.Sasaki. My heart is bursting with gladness coz after all my FIL was against a Filipina ( read here ), it was his will to celebrate a simple wedding reception which was very solemn to be witnessed by the whole clan. During my FIL's speech, he lied about the 'against thingy' lol!
It was my very first time to wear a Japanese Kimono which my MIL wore during her younger years and I nearly can't breathe coz I was tied, wrapped and trussed all over! Well anyway during the reception, a banquet is served, a lot of chit chats and drinks with the guests, changed my Kimono to Chinese dress just like how Japanese do at a wedding reception ( some change attires 3 to 4 times ) and ended with smiles on our face. It is also in the tradition to give wedding momentous called the Hikidemono to the guests such sweets and or tablewares ( ours was a pair tea cup from Noritake which is my FIL's choice) interiors or a gift catalog where the guest can choose from.
---Received a gift from SIL Mihoko---
---It is also in the tradition to make rounds to the guest's table to pour or fill their drinks---
---Very busy of doing rounds and a lot of talking---
---With Yochan's cousin---
---My PIL received a bouquet of flowers from us ( abot tenga ang smile ng FIL ko lol!)--

Isn't it so much fun to go back and just yank them all out and just sit there and reminisce? ^_^

*Nostalgia is a weekly Thursday meme hosted by Ate Rose--please play with us by clicking the linky badge.* Photobucket

6 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wahhh bigla akong nahomesick sa post mo Clang while listening to the song. I feel like a part of me is missing Pinas and another half is missing Korea hahaha.. Weirrd bu true.

If you will watch the photos you've got here, the reception is actually grand to me. I am so happy for you Clang that you've found your Knight in Shining Armour, he stood by you against all odds talaga. That's LOVE!

Unknown said...

wow..ang saya..okay rin pala ang tradition nila about weddings...ganda mo sa kimono ba yan hehe

AC said...

you look so happy eversince ate clang... lalo na ngayon, blooming na blooming ka... ang saya siguro maka experience ng ibang tradition noh?

Mylene said...

Kakatuwa ka naman hehehe... Pero magandang simula na kasundo mo na ung parents in laws mo :)

Bagay naman sayo ang Kimono at Japanese attire :)

Lulu said...

this is a good nostalgia entry mami clang... love your kimono! it makes me think of the movie memoirs of a geisha (the wearing of kimono)

Unknown said...

wow, you looked more japanese than your SIL:) always be happy. God bless.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...