Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HINA MATSURI ( Doll Festival )



Today, celebrating Japan's tradition for girls that is called Hina Matsuri
or Doll Festival. It is a once-a-year event where Parents celebrate and pray for their daughters' health, happiness and growth. My daughters' Hina Doll was bought by their GrandParents ( my goodness, it's expensive! We won't be spending a 10,000 yen for that doll! ) and it is displayed inside our entrance area. There is a superstition about hina dolls: It is believed that any hina doll display should be taken down soon after the festival day. Otherwise girls might have to wait to get married--- Well, that's what they say but our display here is longer. lol!. Usually it is their Grand Mother who's preparing during Hina Matsuri and she always cook chirashi-sushi ( colorful sushi ) and sweet rice cakes but my daughters doesn't like them and since it's our first time to celebrate since we moved out from their Grand Parents, I decided to cook from their request of food that they love. I bought a Hello Kitty hina- arare ( rice crackers ) and made a cake ( again ), fried chicken, maze gohan ( Japanese Pilaf ) cooked in rice cooker, vegetable salad ( MUST have in every meal ), pork cutlet in stick and a corn soup which is not included in the pics-- they said I have to hurry coz they're starving and they wallop all within minutes!LOL!






Wakaba helped me with those stars and heart shaped egg--- can you see them?! She loves doing those things! ^_^

13 comments:

pet said...

kakagutom na naman ang post mo..meron palang ganyan dyan na festival ano?

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

wow ganda nman ng preparations mo..kaka inspire. Kami nmn kumain lang kami ng sushi na sinasabi mo, gawa ng MIL ng mom ko, kapitbahay kasi namin... totoo kaya yung d mkakapag-asawa? ganda kc pang display kso kailangan itago na daw...

Cecile said...

Clarissa, sarap naman ng mga pagkain mo dit, ginugutom tuloy ako :-)

Anonymous said...

sarap nman ng mga foods nyo

Dee said...

Wow! That really looks delicious! I'd love to taste all of them.

Hina Matsuri is interesting. Very good to know that.:D

Reanaclaire said...

wow..Doll Festival also got? cool, man... so much to eat.. all the sweeties.. u baked them yrself?

Rhea said...

I was reading your post about their belief that if the hina dolls are not taken down the kids will not get married right away, something funny came to my mind. Kung my anak ako na babae na kasing cute ng anak mo, I will not take down the dolls na lang so they get to stay with me longer. HEHEHE

Unknown said...

mmm ang mommy clarissa ko talagang galing galing magluto,,galing mo pang magprepare ng food,,kaka inspire ka sis,,parang kapag ako ang bista mo at ganyan pagkain ihanda mo baka ubusin ko lahat..hahhaha

Umma said...

Always fiesta palagi sa inyo Clarz ah? I love sushi roll.. and my faveis the uni hahaha..

Super galing mong magluto Mommy, inggit ako sa yo..

Dhemz said...

wow good to know about the festival Mommy Clarz..thanks for sharing it to us....:)

What excites me is your preparation...kakaloka naman to...parang pang resto kung maka prepare ng food..ang dami....hehhehe...sana kapitbahay tayo para d na ako magluto...hehhehe...hihingi nalang ako sa iyo...ang sarap sarap tingnan..nakakagutom as in...uy galing naman ni wakaba...may ganon ba...hehhe....fried egg yun tapos ginawang topping...hmmm...kakaiba...hehehe!

Salamat sa comments mo Mommy Clarz ha...oh talaga? pareho pala tayo na may scars...hheheh...:)

kalyo galera said...

ang kyut nila :)
nakakagutom hehe

eds said...

nakakagutom nman tumambay dito ate clarissa.. shocks daming pagkain..

Beng said...

wow..kakagutom!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...