Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Golden Week Episode 1

Golden Week --- May 1 to 4 --- Weather: sunny to cloudy

During the Golden Week here in Japan means Sansai Matsuri ( sansai means Japanese wild vegetables ) at my MIL ' s place. They are kogomi, taranome and fukinotou-- sansai is a seasonal treat in Japan available on Spring. We are helping them sell some sansai to their omice ( it is a ramen shop actually ) but because of the long holiday, we were expecting a lot of buying foods and eating customers that' s why we' re always there and not only that, friends were also there to help. It is a gathering to all of us. On Sansai Matsuri, Mochi Shiki ( Omochi Pounding ) is also being done to be consumed on the spot while still warm. My husband did the pounding and my MIL is the one turning and wetting the mochi. It is dipped in a savory soy sauce and wrapped in a crisp nori ( done by my MIL ) and the other is sprinkled with brown sugar-sweetened kinako ( done by me ^_^ ) and not in ten minutes time, it was sold out! \(^0^)/ oh really would love to have more pics but all are busy!!

Omochi Pounding

My MIL and my Giant Baby lol!
Tongiru



Haruka and Wakaba eating their GrandMa' s ramen


Yakiniku Party at home--shrimps,chicken, pork and beef meat, veggies were served, grilled and dipped into a yakiniku sauce.

The Sansai Matsuri lasted for 5 days but we helped for only 3 days because we have to treat the kids outside, too. We were given a sack of rice from my MIL and some fresh veggies from my kids Great Granny right from their backyard!! I' m very thankful kasi nga L-I-B-R-E ! ! ^_^ Our stay with them was kind- a- tiring but fun! \(^0^)/

24 comments:

Clarissa said...

this post is a countdown to Haruka's fall(T_T)

EJ said...

Hi Ms. Clarissa, you are making me hungry with your post. Thanks for sharing Japanese culture.. Very interesting..

eds said...

wow ang saya nman jan. at naki-yakiniku sana ako kung ako he nanjan hehe...

Chubskulit Rose said...

I Like the green leafy vegetable Rizza, mukhang masarap ilagay sa nilaga hehehe..

Anonymous said...

talaga nman na enjoy at sulit ang bakasyon nyo ha ang saya nman jan

Anonymous said...

dami pagkain pati hmmm kakagutom tuloy maaga ako ngayun nagising he he

Cody said...

Those food are great ma'am Clarissa. Makes one hungry. That F1 slideshow at the right is also really cool.

Unknown said...

Great Japanese foods I'd love to try.

pet said...

ano ba yan aling clarissa? kainan na naman itong netry mo, ang sarap nito palagay ko

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

HAruka's fall? shocks parang huling huli nako sa balita ha.. sensha na ha.. MIA talaga ako these past few days di nako makabalita.. hope she's well na. Ganbatte *mwah

Umma said...

Hello Mommy Clangz.. gingutom mo lagi me pirmi sa food mo Clangz..hahaha.. I missed the grilled food too same sa TPE ang ganyan.

Here kasi sa California, super mahal ng shabu shabu or the bbq grilled like that.. I always count it na mas mura sa TPE pag gusto ko mag kaon ng ganyan..

My gosh here per plate is $3.99 ang serving.. super small pa... kaya I only tried once eat the shabu shabu and bbq grilled here..

But I love the Korean bbq.. hahaha

Clarissa said...

@Lucrecio Emerito:pinagpapantasyahan ko kasi si Jenson Button eh lol!pero kahit na nakaka-ilang win na cya sa BRAWN, iba pa rin cyempre ang Honda plus him.I'm still mourning when Honda decided to quit F1.(T_T)

Reena said...

your kids are cute!

ah so it's a veggie festival? wow, it's like pahiyas but celebrated all over the country in a week. hehe. tama ba comparison ko? :) see you!

Cecile said...

Clang, i will definitely follow this episode...kakagutom eh, thanks for sharing this ha

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

wow daming food...kagutom naman ^_^
Glad you had a great time with your family sis.

Cody said...

Ah hahaha. Fan ka pala ni Jenson. Yeah, Honda could make it in that high-rev racing. Sayang nga. They could really have tested their innovative camshaft in that environment. Well, Ferrari and McLaren na naman.

Genefaith said...

Hi..i don't mind if grab my button, i'm so glad you did it. You too is in my bloglist and I would be updated if u have new posts.

I do have a tag for you but I saw that you already have about Friendship Chain

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi Rizza, mukhang busy ka ah, ala pa update hehehe..

Dee said...

Oh, this is very interesting! I like this kasi I'm learning about your place and the culture! But what I love the most are the pictures of the food! Ang sarap-sarap!

Have a fun weekend, Clarissa! :D

anney said...

Ang laki ng pangdikdik nyo ha! Sana ganyan din pangdikdik namin ng bawang dito.hihihi!!Ang daming lafang!Siguro bondat na bondat ka pagkatapos!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

parang ang saya naman ng Golden Week na iyan, saka what do you call that stove in the center of the table? nakakita lang ako niyan sa 'pinas, when we ate sa isang Shabu-Shabu restaurant. :)

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

would love to try more japs food! ^_^ happy weekend. ^_^

Rossel said...

kakagutom dito sa post mo clarissa! nag-crave tuloy ako ng japanese food.

how's haruka?

Dhemz said...

dami akong na missed dito Mommy clang ah...sarap naman nito..ginutom mo ako n the middle of the night...hehhehe....:)

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...