Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Couple's Corner--Labor,Delivery and Bring Home Baby

--A midwife SIL Mihoko and our bundle of joy, Wakaba---

I was finally pregnant after a year of getting married and everytime I visited my Ob&Gyn, my husband is always there from day 1 to take a lil pip on my tummy and loves to get involved in pre-natal . He's excited to see the ultrasound machine scanning our child and to check if everythings ok with her. My husband and my PIL decided to let my birth experience be at a big hospital where my SIL work to make me feel comfortable.
I was in mixed emotion of course coz it'll be my first time to give birth in Japan but my SIL ( a midwife at the hospital that I'm in and ON DUTY ) was very supportive of me. When I felt pain contractions my SIL gave me some IE's--- well, I wasn't ashamed of giving her a "live show" of me ( lol! ) at the labor and delivery room ( I didn't know the hiya word means that time lol!) but she's very professional and she's doing her job well. Here in Japan, the person will be delivering your child is a midwife. Doctors are on-hand in case there are any complications. The delivery wasn't complicated ( thanks God ) and was smooth--just after a few pushes, Wakaba came! ^_^ I was all supported with good nurses, my SIL, my husband ( holding my hands even though I was whiny at all times and very demanding ), my MIL, and when I looked at the corner, my other SIL Taiko was there--I didn't noticed that she was inside the delivery room, I thought all the way that she'll passed out if she sees me but she was amazed by my giving birth experience and started calling Wakaba as her child soon after my delivery! 私の若葉ちゃん だて! ^_^)
Just like any other Japanese women here in Japan that they go to their parents place for awhile to take a rest with all the work after the delivery, we decided to bring home the baby at my PIL's place first and stayed there for a month before going back to our apartment. I'm really thankful to my MIL with all the moral support, for taking care of the baby and for doing all the household chores for me. 私は 幸せものです!おかさん、ありがとう!
---Haruka--- ---The Sasaki family---


For more talks at Couple' s Corner, head up to Mommy Liza' s fun memeRodliz’s Nest

9 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow ibang iba talag dyan s Japan ano Clang hehehe.. Buti na lang you are lessed with a SIL na midwife lol.. Tsaka very lucky ka ha, may MIL ka tumulong sayo nung manganak ka hehehe...Kaya ako nung pinamili ako ni John ng OB dito babae ang pinili ko kahit na malaki ang co-pay, ayoko nga bumukaka sa lalaking doktor lol.. Mine is up na din!

Jac said...

Wow ang galing mo nman sissy agree ako kay ate Rose na very lucky ka na anjan si MIL. Nice post sis Have a lovely day!!

Lady Patchy said...

parang ang dali mong nanganak. my mom and my sisterswas with me nung sa panganay ko .pero ynug bunso.ako lang mag isa.hirap pala .walang mag aasikaso sa baby at sa yo kundi si hubby lang.

frizzy_rein said...

ang cute nman ni wakaba... hehe ako rin pag nagkaanak dapat me pictures dn hehehe

Cecile said...

I agree with what everybody said here; you are so lucky to have the support of your in-laws :-)....no wonder why you love them so much!

Mommy Liz said...

Ay ang galing naman, buti pa sa Japan di masyadong istrikto. kakatuwa naman ang hubby mo, laging kasama sa mga appointments, hay..si Rodney din naman noong nasa Korea kami, kasi walang mag drive sa akin. ay buti ka at may mga in laws na tumulong, sa Korea non, akin lahat, wahhhh..ni hindi ako makapagluto at masakit ang buo kong katawan, wahhh! you are very blessed. at ang mga anak mo, ang gganda..

Dhemz said...

awwwww...like what everybody else was saying...you are truly lucky mami Clang....bait pa ng mga inlaws mo...

natatawa ako sa comment ni manang rose...lol...ako din I prefer a woman...lol!

Rossel said...

mabuti ka pa clang mabilis k lang nanganak...ako katakot-takot na hirap pinagdaanan ko. you're very lucky for having a supportive husband and in laws. they all love you, clang.

AC said...

awww... you're indeed blessed and lucky to have so supportive in-laws and hubby, mommy clang... ako I don't know what will happen to me pag dito ako nanganak.. haha!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...